FOWBERRY, a township, in the parish of Chatton, union of Glendale, E. division of Glendale ward, N. division of Northumberland, 3 miles (E. N. E.) from Wooler; comprising about 1260 acres of land. Good freestone is obtained in Fowberry Park, and a considerable quantity of wood is grown on the estate. Fowberry Tower, standing pleasantly on the south side of the Till rivulet, was formerly the property of Sir Francis Drake, of whom it was purchased by Matthew Culley, Esq. The tithes have been commuted for £150 payable to the impropriators, and £79. 7. 4. to the vicar. In 1532 this place was plundered by the Scots.