Foulden (All Saints)
FOULDEN (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Swaffham, hundred of South Greenhoe, W. division of Norfolk, 5 miles (E. by S.) from Stoke-Ferry; containing 500 inhabitants. It is bounded on the west by the river Wissey, and comprises 3395a. 1r. 29p., of which 2045 acres are arable, 1236 pasture, meadow, and heath, and 72 woodland. The living is a discharged vicarage, united to the rectory of Oxborough, and valued in the king's books at £10. 1. 10.: the impropriate tithes have been commuted for £267. 16., the vicarial for £178. 16., and the glebe comprises 2¾ acres. The church is a neat structure of great antiquity, with a tower, and contains some monuments.