Fornham (St. Martin)
FORNHAM (St. Martin), a parish, in the union of Thingoe, hundred of Thedwastry, W. division of Suffolk, 2 miles (N.) from Bury St. Edmund's; containing 294 inhabitants. It comprises 1178a. 2r. 23p.; the surface is undulated, and the lower grounds are watered by the navigable river Lark. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 11. 3.; income, £305; patron, the Duke of Norfolk. The church, a handsome edifice, was almost wholly rebuilt a few years since, by the late duke and the incumbent, and in the year 1835 his grace erected a school.