Forncett (St. Peter)
FORNCETT (St. Peter), a parish, in the union and hundred of Depwade, E. division of Norfolk, 2¾ miles (W. by N.) from Long Stratton; containing 669 inhabitants. It comprises 1825a. 2r., of which 1374 acres are arable, and 451 pasture, meadow, and woodland. The living is a rectory, with that of Forncett St. Mary united, valued in the king's books at £20; net income, £979; patron, the Earl of Effingham, who must present a Fellow of St. John's College, Cambridge. The tithes of St. Peter's have been commuted for £773. 18. 9., and there are 57½ acres of glebe. The church is an ancient structure, chiefly in the later English style, with a circular tower in the Norman.