Forebridge, with Burton
FOREBRIDGE, with Burton, a township, in the parish of Castle-Church, E. division of the hundred of Cuttlestone, union, and S. division of the county, of Stafford, ¾ of a mile (S. E.) from Stafford; containing 1318 inhabitants. This place forms a handsome suburb of the town of Stafford. A district church, in the early decorated style, consisting of a nave, transepts, and chancel, was consecrated by the Bishop of Lichfield, in January, 1844, and provides about 600 sittings, of which half are free. It is dedicated to St. Paul; and the living is a perpetual curacy in the gift of the Incumbent of Castle-Church, with an income of £120. Here is a school, endowed with £15 per annum, and in union with the National Society.