FORCETT, a parochial chapelry, in the union of Richmond, wapentake of Gilling-West, N. riding of York; consisting of the townships of Barforth, Carkin, Eppleby, Forcett, and Ovington; and containing 656 inhabitants, of whom 123 are in the township of Forcett, 9 miles (E. by S.) from Darlington. It comprises by computation 6200 acres, of which 1710 are in Forcett township; the surface is pleasing, the soil rich, and there are several valuable quarries of limestone and freestone. Forcett Hall, the seat of Mr. Michell, is a noble and elegant building in an extensive park; and in front of the mansion, to the south, is a piece of water which extends over 22 or 23 acres: on the estate are also numerous plantations. The chapel, dedicated to St. Cuthbert, is a neat edifice, with a tower, and an east window embellished with stained glass: the living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Vicar of Gilling. In Forcett Park are traces of British intrenchments which extend eastward to Stanwick.