FOCKERBY, a township, in the parish of Adlingfleet, union of Goole, Lower division of the wapentake of Osgoldcross, W. riding of York, 10 miles (S. E.) from Howden; containing 92 inhabitants. The township is on the west side of the Old Don river, which separates it from Lincolnshire; it comprises about 1410 acres. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1767. Here is a free school, endowed with land producing £70 per annum, the gift of Mr. Skerne; the master is appointed by Catherine Hall, Cambridge. There are eight exhibitions, founded by the same individual, whose niece, Mrs. Mary Ramsden, in 1743 added six fellowships and ten scholarships.