FLUSHING, a small sea-port, in the parish of Mylor, union of Falmouth, E. division of the hundred of Kerrier, W. division of Cornwall, ¼ of a mile (N.) from Falmouth. This place owes its origin and prosperity to Robert Cotton Trefusis, Esq., who, in the early part of the last century, constructed quays, erected numerous buildings, and endeavoured, though without success, to establish a station for the government packets. It consists of several irregularly-built streets, and, from the mildness of the climate, is much resorted to by invalids. At Little Falmouth is an extensive yard, in which the packets were formerly built or repaired before they were taken under the superintendence of the admiralty; a dry-dock, 190 feet long, 60 feet broad, and 18 feet in depth, was constructed in 1820, and there are several wet-docks, for ship-building. Here is a district church, dedicated to St. Peter: the living is in the gift of Lord Clinton. The Baptists Bryanites, Wesleyans, and Unitarians, have places of worship; and a national school is supported by subscription.