Fletton (St. Margaret)
FLETTON (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of Peterborough, hundred of Norman-Cross, county of Huntingdon, 1 mile (S. by E.) from Peterborough; containing 256 inhabitants. It comprises 921a. 1r. 19p. of good arable and pasture land in nearly equal portions. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 3. 9.; net income, £292; patron, Earl Fitzwilliam. A school is supported by a bequest of £12 per annum. In digging a well, in the year 1739, fossil shells and wood were found at the depth of 30 feet.