Flempton (St. Catherine)
FLEMPTON (St. Catherine), a parish, in the union and hundred of Thingoe, W. division of Suffolk, 4¾ miles (N. N. W.) from Bury St. Edmund's; containing 210 inhabitants. It is situated on the navigable river Lark, and comprises about 950 acres, of which the surface is flat. The living is a rectory, with the rectory of Hengrave united, valued in the king's books at £5, and in the patronage of the family of Dixon, with a net income of £398: the tithes of Flempton have been commuted for £195. 18., and there is a glebe of 40 acres. The church, an ancient edifice, has been repaired; part of the tower fell down in 1726.