Fledborough (St. Gregory)
FLEDBOROUGH (St. Gregory), a parish, in the union of East Retford, N. division of the wapentake of Thurgarton, S. division of the county of Nottingham, 5¼ miles (E. by N.) from Tuxford; containing 112 inhabitants. It is pleasantly situated on the river Trent, and comprises by measurement 1427 acres, of which the surface is level. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 7. 6., and in the gift of Earl Manvers: the tithes have been commuted for £340, and the glebe comprises 8 acres.