FITTLEWORTH, a parish, in the hundred of Bury, rape of Arundel, W. division of Sussex, 3¼ miles (S. E. by E.) from Petworth; containing 713 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Petworth to Arundel, and bounded on the south by the river Rother, over which is a neat bridge; and comprises by admeasurement 2320 acres, whereof 1010 are arable, 235 meadow and pasture, 740 woodland, and 310 common. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £6. 13. 4., and in the gift of the Bishop of Chichester: the tithes have been commuted for £420, and the glebe comprises 5 acres. The church has portions in the early and decorated English styles. An estate, now producing £70 per annum, was left by Mr. Lee for keeping the church in repair; the surplus is given to the poor.