FISKERTON, a township, in the parish of Rolleston, union of Southwell, Southwell division of the wapentake of Thurgarton and of the county of Nottingham, 3½ miles (S. E.) from Southwell; containing 402 inhabitants. The manor, in the year 1132, belonged to Ralph de Ayncourt, who gave it to the Augustine priory he had founded at Thurgarton, from which some monks settled in the ancient manor-house, which became a cell to the priory, and continued as such till the Dissolution. In the reign of Henry III. the monks obtained the grant of a weekly market and annual fair, but both have long been discontinued. The village is pleasantly situated on the north bank of the Trent, where commodious wharfs have been constructed, and extensive warehouses built: across the river is a ferry to the village of Stoke. The Nottingham and Lincoln railway has a station here, 4½ miles from the station at Newark. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.