Fiskerton (St. Clement)
FISKERTON (St. Clement), a parish, in the wapentake of Lawress, parts of Lindsey, union, and county, of Lincoln, 4½ miles (E.) from Lincoln; containing 410 inhabitants. It is bounded on the south by the river Witham, and comprises 2504 computed acres: the surface is generally level and well drained, and the soil for the greater part a light clay. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £12. 1. 8.; net income, £447; patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Peterborough. The church, a handsome structure, having portions in the Norman style, and a tower at the west end, was partly rebuilt early in the fifteenth century. £21 per annum, the rent of lands bequeathed by Robt. Hodgson about 1700, are divided among the poor.