FISHERWICK, a township, in the parish of St. Michael, Lichfield, union of Lichfield, N. division of the hundred of Offlow and of the county of Stafford, 3½ miles (E.) from Lichfield; containing 86 inhabitants, and comprising about 1300 acres of rich land. This place was held by the bishops of Chester. In 1756 the Marquess of Massareene sold it to S. Swinfen, Esq., of whom it was purchased in 1758 by the Marquess of Donegal, who pulled down the old manor-house, and, in 1774, erected on the site a magnificent mansion of white freestone, and laid out the park and pleasure-grounds in the most exquisite taste. In 1810 the then marquess sold the estate to Richard Howard, Esq., by whom the mansion was demolished, the gardens broken up, and the park divided into farms. The Birmingham and Fazeley canal crosses the south-west angle of the township. The tithes have been commuted for £284. 17. payable to the Dean and Chapter of Lichfield, and £42. 12. 6. to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. Fisherwick gives the title of Baron to the Marquess of Donegal.