Filby (All Saints)
FILBY (All Saints), a parish, in the East and West Flegg incorporation, hundred of East Flegg, E. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (W. by N.) from Caistor; containing 553 inhabitants. It is intersected by the old road from Norwich to Yarmouth; and comprises 1425 acres, of which a broad lake extends over 160 acres. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £11. 1. 5½.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. Gibson Lucas, whose tithes have been commuted for £588. 5., and whose glebe comprises 20½ acres. The church is chiefly in the decorated style, with a lofty embattled tower. There are places of worship for Wesleyans and Unitarians.