Ferriby, North (All Saints)
FERRIBY, NORTH (All Saints), a parish, in the county of the town of Hull, union of Sculcoates, E. riding of York; containing 935 inhabitants, of whom 479 are in the township of North Ferriby, 5¼ miles (S. E.) from South Cave. A priory of Knights Templars founded here by Lord Eustace de Vesci, of Bromfleet, was, at the suppression of that order, converted into a priory of Augustine canons, whose revenue at the Dissolution was valued at £95. 11. 7. The parish includes the township of North Ferriby, and part of that of Swanland; and comprises about 3760 acres, of which 1610 are in North Ferriby. Several of the proprietors of land possess handsome mansions in the village. The Hull and Selby railway has a station here. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £8. 13. 4.; net income, £135; patron and impropriator, W. W. Wilkinson, Esq. The church, which appears to be part of a more spacious structure, has a low massive tower at the west end, and contains some ancient monuments; it was thoroughly repaired in 1829. The Primitive Methodists have a place of worship; and there is a free school.