Feock, St. (St. Feock)
FEOCK, ST. (St. Feock), a parish, in the union of Truro, W. division of the hundred of Powder and of the county of Cornwall, 5 miles (S.) from Truro; containing 1476 inhabitants. The parish is bounded on the east by the Truro river, on the west by a creek of Falmouth harbour, and on the south by Carrick roads; and comprises 2550 acres, of which about 1530 are arable, 600 pasture, and 400 woodland. The surface is uneven, in some parts hilly, and the higher grounds command beautiful views. There is a large smeltinghouse for lead and silver ore, and the Carrick Tin-stream is partly within the parish, which is intersected by the railway from Redruth to Point Quay, a small shipping-port at the head of Carrick roads. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £11; net income, £175; patron, the Bishop of Exeter; impropriator, the Earl of Falmouth. The church is an ancient edifice, in the later English style, with a detached tower at the distance of 20 feet: in the churchyard is a cross with a figure rudely sculptured. There are places of worship for Baptists, Calvinists, and Wesleyans. At Roundwood are some remains of an earthwork.