FENTON, KIRK, a parish, in the union of Barwick (under Gilbert's act), Upper division of the wapentake of Barkstone-Ash, W. riding of York; containing, with the township of Biggin, 608 inhabitants, of whom 378 are in the township of Kirk-Fenton, 5 miles (S. E. by S.) from Tadcaster, and 104 in that of Little Fenton. The former township comprises by computation 1800 acres; the village is pleasantly situated, and neatly built. The York and North-Midland railway passes to the west of the township, and is here joined by a line from Harrogate, opened in 1847. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the patronage of the Prebendary of Kirk-Fenton in the Cathedral of York, valued in the king's books at £6. 13. 4.; net income, £125: the tithes were commuted for land and money payments in 1770; the land comprises 260 acres. The church is a neat ancient structure, repaired at different periods; the roof is of peculiar construction. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.