FENTON, a parish, in the union of Newark, wapentake of Loveden, parts of Kesteven, county of Lincoln, 7¼ miles (E. S. E.) from Newark; containing 120 inhabitants. It is situated on the river Witham, and comprises by measurement 1207 acres; the soil is various. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the living of Beckingham. The tithes were commuted for land at the inclosure; the glebe altogether comprises 145a. 36p. The church, dedicated to All Saints, which has been enlarged at different periods, contains details of the Norman, early English, and decorated English styles.