Fen-Stanton (St. Peter and St. Paul)
FEN-STANTON (St. Peter and St. Paul), a parish, in the union of St. Ives, hundred of Toseland, county of Huntingdon, 3 miles (S. by E.) from St. Ives; containing 1032 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the road from Cambridge to Huntingdon, and on the river Ouse, comprises 2430 acres by admeasurement, whereof 1607 are arable, and 814 meadow and pasture, resting for the most part on a gravelly soil. The surface is generally flat, but rises into small eminences towards the south. The living is a discharged vicarage, with that of Hilton annexed, valued in the king's books at £11. 11. 5½.; net income, £275; patrons, the Master and Fellows of Trinity Hall, Cambridge; impropriator, the Rev. L. Brown. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1802.