Felthorpe (St. Margaret)
FELTHORPE (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of St. Faith, hundred of Taverham, E. division of Norfolk, 7 miles (N. W. by N.) from Norwich; containing 574 inhabitants. It comprises by admeasurement 2240 acres, of which 1131 are arable, 537 pasture, and 572 woodland. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £4, and in the gift of the Bishop of Norwich: the tithes have been commuted for £270, and the glebe comprises 24 acres. At the inclosure, in 1790, 50 acres of land were allotted to the poor; who have also 28 acres, and four houses, bequeathed by William Brereton in 1686.