Feltham (St. Dunstan)
FELTHAM (St. Dunstan), a parish, in the union of Staines, hundred of Spelthorne, county of Middlesex, 4 miles (S. W.) from Hounslow; containing 1029 inhabitants. This place, which is noticed in Domesday book, is supposed to have been originally called Feldham, signifying "the field village." The manor and advowson were given to the hospital of St. Giles without the Bars, which grant was confirmed by Henry II. In 1634, the manor-house and nearly the whole village were destroyed by an accidental fire, when, also, the registers of the parish were burnt. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £8; net income, £302; patrons, the family of Morris; impropriators, the family of Tousaint. The church was rebuilt in 1802, and contains some interesting monuments.