Felmersham (St. Mary)
FELMERSHAM (St. Mary), a parish, in the hundred of Willey, union and county of Bedford, 7 miles (N. W. by N.) from Bedford; containing, with the hamlet of Radwell, 531 inhabitants. The river Ouse runs through the parish, and is crossed by a bridge at Radwell. The living is a discharged vicarage, with that of Pavenham annexed, valued in the king's books at £13. 13. 4., and in the gift of Trinity College, Cambridge, with a net income of £169: the tithes were commuted for land in 1765. The church is a handsome edifice, in the early English style.