FELLY, an extra-parochial district, in the union of Basford, N. division of the wapentake of Broxtow and of the county of Nottingham, 8 miles (S. W. by S.) from Mansfield; containing 41 inhabitants. Ralph Brito and his son, in 1156, gave a church and an old hermitage, then standing here, to the monks of Radford or Worksop, who built a priory for Black canons, in honour of the Blessed Virgin Mary; at the time of the Dissolution its revenue was valued at £61. 4. 8. There are still some remains of the building.