FAZAKERLEY, a township, in the parish of Walton-on-the-Hill, union and hundred of West Derby, S. division of the county of Lancaster, 4¼ miles (N. E.) from Liverpool; containing 428 inhabitants. This place was long the residence of an ancient family of the same name, of whom Richard Fazakerley was living in the reign of Henry III.; they intermarried with the families of Walton of Walton, Blundell of Crosby, and Pemberton. Henry Gillibrand, Esq., of Gillibrand Hall, near Chorley, on succeeding to the property, assumed the name of Fazakerley. The Old Hall, a venerable mansion, was taken down in 1823. The township comprises 1565½ acres, all arable: the surface is rather level; pretty well wooded; and the soil various, sandy in some parts, and stiff clay in others. The Liverpool and Bury railway has a station here, and the line of the Liverpool, Ormskirk, and Preston railway also passes through. There is a small school, having a trifling endowment in land, the gift of Samuel Turner in 1725.