Fawkham, or Facombe (St. Mary)
FAWKHAM, or Facombe (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Dartford, hundred of Axton, Dartford, and Wilmington, lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, W. division of Kent, 6 miles (S. E. by S.) from Dartford; containing 277 inhabitants. It comprises 1195 acres, of which 287 are in wood. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 9. 4½., and in the patronage of Philip Pusey, Esq., and the Misses Randall: the tithes have been commuted for £264. 10., and the glebe comprises 1½ acre. The church is principally in the early English style; near it are the ruins, covered with ivy, of a chapel supposed to have belonged to the manorhouse.