Farnham (St. Lawrence)
FARNHAM (St. Lawrence), a parish, partly in the union of Tisbury, hundred of Chalk, S. division of Wilts, but chiefly in the union of Wimborne and Cranborne, hundred of Cranborne, Shaston division of Dorset, 7 miles (N. E. by N.) from Blandford; containing 117 inhabitants. The parish comprises 373 acres, of which 25 are waste or common. A fair, chiefly for cheese, is held on the 21st of August. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 10., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £149. The church, a neat structure of considerable antiquity, was enlarged in 1836, when 150 additional sittings were provided.