Farndon (St. Peter)
FARNDON (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Newark, S. division of the wapentake of Newark and of the county of Nottingham, 2¼ miles (S. W. by W.) from Newark; containing 575 inhabitants. The parish is bounded on the west by the Trent, on the bank of which the village is pleasantly situated. The living is a discharged vicarage, with that of Balderton annexed, valued in the king's books at £6. 13. 4.; net income, £244; patron, the Prebendary of Farndon in the Cathedral of Lincoln: the tithes were commuted for land in 1767. The church is a large and lofty edifice. There is a small endowment for a school.