FARNBOROUGH, a post village, a parish, and the head of a union (under Gilbert's act), in the hundred of Crondall, Odiham and N. divisions of the county of Southampton, 6 miles (S. S. W.) from Bagshot; containing 356 inhabitants. The parish comprises by computation 2000 acres, of which 1000 are heath and plantations, 500 arable, and 500 meadow and pasture; the surface is varied, rising in some parts into hills, and the soil is generally gravel and sand. The Basingstoke canal passes through the parish, and a station on the London and South-Western railway is situated here. A fair for cattle is held on Dec. 5th. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 12. 11., and in the gift of John Clayton, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £152; and there is a glebe of 30 acres, besides an allotment of 187 acres made under an inclosure act in 1812. The church has been repewed, and the gallery extended. Here is a place of worship for Baptists. There are three tumuli in the parish.