Farnborough, or Farmborough (All Saints)
FARNBOROUGH, or Farmborough (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Wantage, hundred of Compton, county of Berks, 5 miles (W. by N.) from East Ilsley; containing 204 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1890 acres. The soil is extremely various; on the same field are frequently found stiff clay, chalk, and sand: the greater portion of the parish is in downs and sheep-walks. The surface is hilly, and the springs lie at a great depth. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £12. 8. 4., and in the gift of the Rev. G. Price: the tithes have been commuted for £300, and the glebe comprises 60 acres.