Farmborough (All Saints)
FARMBOROUGH (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Clutton, hundred of Keynsham, E. division of Somerset, 8 miles (S. E. by E.) from Bath; containing 1149 inhabitants. The parish is intersected by the road from Bath to Wells, and comprises by measurement 1461 acres, of which about two-thirds are pastureland; the soil is a rich stiff loam, and the surface is varied by gentle declivities to the north and south. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 2. 11., and in the gift of the Rev. Lewis Tugwell: the tithes have been commuted for £326, and there are about 80 acres of glebe, with a good house. The church, which is in the later English style, has been lately repaired. There are places of worship for Wesleyans and other dissenters.