FARLINGTON, a chapelry, in the parish of Sheriff-Hutton, union of Easingwould, wapentake of Bulmer, N. riding of York, 6¼ miles (E. S. E.) from Easingwould; containing 181 inhabitants. This chapelry is situated on the river Foss, and comprises by computation 1200 acres. The living is a perpetual curacy, with Marton; net income, £130; patron and appropriator, the Archbishop of York: the appropriate tithes have been commuted for £209, and the small tithes for £94. 5.; the glebe comprises 7 acres. The chapel is dedicated to St. Leonard, and has been enlarged.