FARCETT, a chapelry, in the parish of Standground, union of Peterborough, hundred of NormanCross, county of Huntingdon, 2¾ miles (S. by E.) from Peterborough; containing 620 inhabitants. It comprises 3106 acres, of which 97 are common or waste land. On the elevated grounds are extensive views, which embrace Whittlesea mere and the adjacent fens. The tithes were commuted for land, under an act of inclosure, in 1801. The chapel is dedicated to St. Mary, and is a small ancient building, consisting of a nave, a south aisle, and a tower at the west end. A school has an endowment of £15. 5. per annum.