FADILEY, a township, in the parish of Acton, union and hundred of Nantwich, S. division of the county of Chester, 4¾ miles (W. by N.) from Nantwich; containing 320 inhabitants. This place was anciently esteemed an appendage of the manor of Baddiley, but the owners of Woodhey here had, at an early period, a manor which became vested in the earls of Dysart, by the marriage of the coheiress of Sir Thomas Wilbraham with Lionel, Lord Huntingtower, in 1680. The township comprises 1200 acres; the soil is clay and sand. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £78. 16. 8., and the vicarial for £25. 14. 2. A domestic chapel was built at Woodhey by the relict of Sir Thomas Wilbraham, who, in 1703, endowed it with a rent-charge of £25. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.