Eydon (St. Nicholas)
EYDON (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Brackley, hundred of Chipping-Warden, S. division of the county of Northampton, 9½ miles (S. by W.) from Daventry; containing 647 inhabitants, and consisting of 1571a. 2r. 16p. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £16. 16. 3., and in the patronage of the Crown, with a net income of £447: the tithes were commuted for land in 1761. The church has been enlarged. A national school is partly supported by the interest of £200, bequeathed by Sir John Knightley, Bart.