EXTON, a parish, in the union of Droxford, hundred of Fawley, Droxford and N. divisions of the county of Southampton, 15 miles (S. S. W.) from Alton; containing 282 inhabitants. It comprises 2456a. 2r. 24p., of which 1600 acres are arable, 452 meadow, and 377 woodland. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 6. 0½., and in the gift of the Bishop of Winchester: the tithes have been commuted for £470; the glebe contains 7 acres, with a house. In the church, which is principally in the early English style, with some insertions of a later date, is a monument in memory of Dr. Young, Dean of Winchester. On a hill that divides the parish from Meon-Stoke, is a Roman encampment; the lines are very extensive, and on the western side are several barrows.