Exhall (St. Giles)
EXHALL (St. Giles), a parish, in the union of Alcester, Stratford division of the hundred of Barlichway, S. division of the county of Warwick, 2 miles (S. E. by S.) from Alcester; containing 207 inhabitants. It comprises 823 acres by measurement, of which 160 are pasture, 10 woodland, and the rest arable; the soil is chiefly a stiff marly loam, with occasional mixtures of sand and clay. The living is a rectory, with that of Wixford annexed, valued in the king's books at £8. 17. 3½., and in the patronage of the Crown, with a net income of £409: the tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1767.