EWE, ST., a parish, in the union of St. Austell, E. division of the hundred of Powder and of the county of Cornwall, 4 miles (E. N. E.) from Tregoney; containing 1468 inhabitants. The parish comprises 5935a. 1r. 2p., of which 150 acres are waste land or common; the surface is hilly, but the hills are not of very great elevation, and the soil is generally a loam. The principal mine now in operation is that of Polgooth, producing tin of great fineness. The road from London to Falmouth passes through the parish. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £21, and in the gift of Sir Joseph Sawle, Bart., and the family of Carlyon: the tithes have been commuted for £640, and the glebe comprises about 88 acres, with a house, built in 1837. The church is a very ancient structure, and contains a handsome monument to the last of the Mohun family, who died in 1732. There are places of worship for Bryanites, Calvinists, and Wesleyans.