EVERSHOT, a chapelry, in the parish of Frome St. Quintin, union of Beaminster, hundred of Tolleford, Dorchester division of Dorset, 7¼ miles (E. by N.) from Beaminster; containing 566 inhabitants, and comprising 1409a. 2r. 33p. A fair for fat-cattle is held on the 12th of May; and there was formerly a weekly market on Saturday. The tithes have been commuted for £173. 10. 6., and the glebe comprises about 1¼ acre. The chapel is dedicated to St. Osmond. Here is a free grammar school, with an endowment in land, bequeathed in 1628 by Christopher Strickland, the rent of which is about £100 per annum.