ERME, ST., a parish, in the union of Truro, W. division of the hundred of Powder and of the county of Cornwall, 3¼ miles (N. by E.) from Truro; containing 552 inhabitants. This parish, of which a detached portion is skirted by a branch of the Truro river, comprises 4155 acres, whereof 320 are common land or waste: the surface is varied, in some parts hilly; the soil is chiefly clayey, and the lands are watered by numerous streamlets. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £22. 13. 4., and in the gift of E. W. Wynne Pendarves, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £500, and the glebe comprises 80 acres. The church was taken down in 1819, and rebuilt at an expense of £1400, raised by subscription; the present edifice is cruciform, in the later English style, with an embattled tower of granite crowned by pinnacles. There are several barrows.