Elton (St. Mary)
ELTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Ludlow, hundred of Wigmore, county of Hereford, 4¾ miles (S. W. by W.) from Ludlow; containing 99 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Wigmore to Ludlow, and comprises about 1500 acres, of which the portions of arable and pasture land are nearly equal; the scenery is very fine, and the plantations are largely stocked with oak. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £50; patron, E. H. K. Davies, Esq. The church is a small handsome edifice.