Egmere (St. Edmund)
EGMERE (St. Edmund), a parish, in the union of Walsingham, hundred of North Greenhoe, W. division of Norfolk, 2½ miles (W. by N.) from Little Walsingham; containing 54 inhabitants. This parish, which occupies a comparatively elevated situation, comprises by computation 1200 acres: the farm called Quarles, which is extra-parochial, intervenes between it and Holkham parish. The living is a rectory, with the vicarage of Holkham annexed, valued in the king's books at £8; net income, £180; patron, the Earl of Leicester. The tithes have been commuted for £24. The church is a ruin.