EGLETON, a township, in the parish of Bishop's-Froome, union of Ledbury, hundred of Radlow, county of Hereford, 9¼ miles (E. N. E.) from Hereford; containing 179 inhabitants. It forms a detached portion of the parish, and comprises 750 acres, of a moderately productive soil; the surface is gently undulated, with a small portion of wood, and is intersected by the road from Hereford to Worcester. There are quarries of good building-stone. The population is entirely agricultural. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment, under an inclosure act, in 1813.