Edlington (St. Helen)
EDLINGTON (St. Helen), a parish, in the union of Horncastle, N. division of the wapentake of Gartree, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 2 miles (N. W.) from Horncastle; containing 254 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 2500 acres, of which 1750 are pasture and meadow, 700 arable, and about 50 woodland. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £8. 4. 7., and in the patronage of the Crown, with a net income of £263; the impropriation belongs to Uppingham grammar school.