Edinghall, or Edengale (Holy Trinity)
EDINGHALL, or Edengale (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Tamworth, N. division of the hundred of Offlow and of the county of Stafford, 6 miles (N. by W.) from Tamworth; containing 197 inhabitants. This place lies in the vale of the Mease, and comprises 851a. 2r. 24p. of land, exclusively of a portion of Croxall, in Derbyshire, which is intermixed with the village. The living is a perpetual curacy, with a net income of £80; patron, the Prebendary of Weeford in Lichfield Cathedral. At the inclosure of the common about 55 years ago, the tithes were commuted for an allotment of 120 acres to the impropriator, and 16½ acres to the incumbent, who has also 27 acres of old glebe, and an annuity from the tithe-farm. The church is a small edifice, upon an eminence near the river: the churchyard is partly situated in Derbyshire. The poor had the interest of £90, left in 1804 by Francis Cobb, Esq.; but the bequest has been lost. An ancient raised way, in the direction of Lullington, in Derbyshire, passes through the parish.