Edgton (St. Michael)
EDGTON (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Clun, hundred of Purslow, S. division of Salop, 5 miles (E. S. E.) from Bishop's-Castle; containing, with the township of Brunslow with Horderley, 214 inhabitants. The parish comprises by measurement 1626 acres, of which 730 are arable, 655 meadow and pasture, and 245 woodland. Brunslow is situated on the south-western declivity of an eminence; and in the neighbourhood is an ancient fortification, called Burrow Camps. The living is a perpetual curacy; patron, incumbent, and impropriator, the Rev. H. Sandford, whose impropriate tithes have been commuted for £235. There is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists.