Edgecott (St. Michael)
EDGECOTT (St. Michael), a parish, in the union, hundred, and county of Buckingham, 6 miles (S. W. by W.) from Winslow; containing 195 inhabitants. It is situated on a cross road between Buckingham and Thame, and comprises by measurement 1100 acres, of which less than a third are arable. Lace is manufactured to a limited extent. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £11. 12. 8½., and in the gift of the Hon. and Rev. Jacob Marsham, D.D.: the tithes were commuted, on the inclosure of the parish, for about 200 acres of land, valued at rather more than £200 per annum. The church is an ancient edifice. There is a place of worship for dissenters.