EATON, LONG, a chapelry, in the parish of Sawley, union of Shardlow, hundred of Morleston and Litchurch, S. division of the county of Derby, 6¼ miles (N.) from Kegworth; containing 859 inhabitants. It comprises 1919 acres, and has an extensive village on the Ashby-de-la-Zouch and Nottingham road. The river Erewash forms its confluence with the Trent at the north-east extremity of the township. Near this place the Midland railway is carried over the Trent by a viaduct supported on three arches of cast iron, each 100 feet span, and 20 feet above the level of the water; and here is a station on the line. The chapel is dedicated to St. Lawrence, and is a small neat edifice, having a nave, chancel, gallery at the west end, and a tower with a short spire; it was repaired in 1831, and will seat 252 persons. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans; also a school in union with the National Society.