EATON, LITTLE, a chapelry, in the parish of St. Alkmund, Derby, union of Shardlow, hundred of Morleston and Litchurch, S. division of the county of Derby, 3¼ miles (N. N. E.) from Derby; containing 712 inhabitants. It comprises 552 acres, of a sandy limestone soil; and has a scattered village of stone houses, mostly thatched, with some neat modern residences. There are extensive paper-mills, a bleach-yard, and eight stone-quarries, in the township; a few of the inhabitants are engaged in the manufacture of stockings. The road from Derby to Alfreton passes through, and the Derby canal has a branch to the village. Edge Hill, a handsome seat, is situated on a lofty eminence, with thriving plantations, and has a fine view of the country around. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £94; patron, the Vicar. The present chapel was built by subscription in 1790, and enlarged in 1837. The Independents and Methodists have places of worship.